- WHO do you know? A mentor. Someone that has gone down this road and knows better than you. Be honest and vulnerable to this person
- WHAT are you going to do? Start with research. What problem are you solving? IS it with a product or a service? Think globally. What is your purpose, vision, mission, target audience, pain points, buyer’s journey… how does your product or service resolve a problem? Is there a need for it today?
- WHERE are you going to sell this, pitch this idea, house the business, sell the goods?
- WHEN will you get funding, financial support, grants, loans…
- WHY are you doing this. This is important. This is the reason.
My big idea came to me in the form of a brain dump. 38 separate files on Google Drive to be exact. Each one with a title, some links, and information and inspiration. I have implemented a lot of my ideas thus far and it’s worked out well so far… I have three clients!
I literally cannot believe I am sharing this with you guys. So here is what I wrote up when I first got my business idea. I shared it with my closest friend and she was so excited for me. I scribbled this whole thing down in one shot. It felt like my brain was ON FIRE. I don’t know if this is actually what my business will be like… but it’s cool to have.
I think sharing your idea with people is important. It holds you accountable, also keeps you honest and realistic.
Here are a couple of my favorite links for help when you get your big idea.
There may be a few words in my brain dump that are confusing to you and that’s ok- Google It!
I will be explaining some terms along the way so, not to fret. But seriously- Google is My Friend.