You know you need a logo and it needs to make you money. But, the question is, what does it take to create a profitable and effective logo for your business? JMI Creative Inc. breaks it down for you. Take a look at the logos and brands we have created. When you’re ready to put your marketing dollars to work for you and build the high-achieving brand of your dreams, give us a call at 909-293-9635 or send us a message on our contact form here.
- Your logo must be relevant: Experienced designers will tell you if your logo is appropriate or not. This is a multi-faceted conversation and covers everything from function, target audience, purpose, as well as industry best practices. Where will the logo be seen and for what? Your logo must fulfill its duty and an experienced designer should be able to explain what that looks like.
2. Your logo must be powerful: A logo is one chance to make a lasting impact on your audience. It should be special, catchy, and truly unforgettable.
3. Your logo must be a classic: Your logo must stand the test of time. Create something that will last and continues to be relevant, regardless of trends in design and pop culture.
4. Your logo must be functional: Your logo is the face of your business and is a quick and easy way to make a powerful statement. Your logo should fulfill its function, and also be flexible. Anyone should be able to see it in any setting- whether that is in a print magazine, on a business card, or in a little bubble on social media.
5. Your logo must appear effortless: The process of brainstorming, designing, and finalizing a logo might be painful. There are often times many cooks in the kitchen and the business owner, agency, and graphic artist might all have ideas they are passionate about. That’s ok and it makes for wonderful designs! But when the logo is done, it should appear effortless, uncomplicated, and easy.
5. The logo must be creative: The artist that you work with should have a strong grasp of everything graphics-related; from line, shape, value, space, and color. There is a science to imaginative graphic design and a skilled artist can execute these principles with ease.